I’ve been super busy for the past week and haven’t had much time to cook or menu plan. So I found myself super hungry at dinner time with nothing made. I made this pasta dish with things in my house. It took no more than 20 minutes to make and was pretty tasty for something I just threw together. All the kale made it more filling than most pasta dishes.
12 oz farfalle
1 large bunch of kale
1/4 cup Garlic oil (if you’re not eating low fodmap you can saute 3 cloves garlic in oil instead)
Zest one lemon
2 – 3 tbsp capers
2 – 3 tbsp pine nuts
1.5 – 2 tsp salt plus a couple pinches
1/2 cup grated parmesan
pepper to taste
- Put a large pot of water on to boil
- While water is coming to a boil, remove stems from the kale and tear into pieces
- Once water comes to a boil, add a couple pinches of salt
- Add kale and pasta to the pot. Cook on rolling boil for 9 minutes
- While the pasta and kale are cooking, Add the rest of the ingredients to your serving bowl.
- Before draining the pasta and kale, reserve 1/2 cup water from the pot
- Drain the past and kale. Shake well to dry and press to remove extra water.
- Add the pasta and kale to the serving bowl, stir to combine.
- Add pepper and adjust salt to taste
- Add the Parmesan and conserved water, stir well.
One thought on “Fast One-Pot Low Fodmap Kale Farfalle”
definitely my style of cooking, on the fly. The Kale frozein my garden so i can improvise with endive LOL